Monday, February 1, 2016

21 Days Down....a lot to go!

Well, it's officially been twenty-one days since I left the U.S. to start my journey in Germany. I have to say that Germany has surpassed my expectations, and I am so thrilled that I went through with this trip of a lifetime.

School is gut! I have met some of the coolest people. I can only hope that the relationships that I have made here thus far will grow into some great friendships in the future. So far, the school work isn't that bad. Yes, sometimes lectures seem to drag on, but the sleep deprivation is starting to wear off which is extremely nice! Physiology is by far my favorite class. I just enjoy the way the body works, and Dr. Wasser makes it that much more enjoyable with his enthusiasm.

The coffee here is still decent, but I haven't quite found the 'perfect' coffee shop yet. I'm actually getting used to having toast and some kind of fruit for breakfast EVERY morning. My host mom switched it up this past week by getting bananas, which made me very happy! So far, I haven't found any food that I really don't like. I think it's because I've tried really hard at keeping an "open-mind" about the food. I say this because I know for fact that some of the things I've eaten here would've never been eaten if I were still in the states.

The fact that I wont see my parents, boyfriend, and friends for another three months is really starting to hit me some. It's not as bad when I stay busy, but on weekends like this past weekend when I had a lot of time to myself, I start to think and then that leads to some feeling of sadness. I do miss them all so so much! They've been really good though about texting, and sometimes calling just so that I can hear their voices everyday. It really does help, even if it is just an "I love you." My friends that I have made here also help a lot by trying to keep me busy, and surround me with their company.

This week is the start of Karneval. I've never really been a huge fan of costumes and dressing up, so this might be kind of difficult for me. I am able to avoid some of it though, by going to Munich this weekend, and not staying in the Karneval madness. I'm sure it will still be fun though.

All in all, I'm glad to be here, and I've really enjoyed my stay so far! I know that there's so much more to see and do, and I can only hope that I can make those things happen!

Tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment