Monday, February 22, 2016

Spoiled

This weekend I realized how spoiled I am to have wifi access everywhere I spend a significant amount of time for the most part. The wifi in my host family's house went out indefinitely, and I am not proud to say that it was harder to handle than I thought it would be. I was able to use the desktop for a little while to get the important things I needed for school, but for the most part it was an introspective weekend for me. I was able to sit and be by myself, work on the crazy amount of school work for the week, listen to music, and read. It was very relaxing and somewhat liberating. I didn't realize how dependent I am on internet access and how much it can occupy my mind.

I also realized this weekend how much I like Texas. I was able to spend some time thinking about home, both home home and College Station. I miss some of the little things that I never thought about before. I miss studying with my friends at Sweet Eugenes. I miss going to Breakaway on Tuesday nights to worship with thousands of other students. I miss going to my sister's soccer games when it is gorgeous outside. I am jealous of the fact that in Texas it has been gorgeous outside for weeks and I have been constantly cold since I got here. I don't think homesickness is the right word to describe how I felt, it was more just like a reflection. I realized that I am blessed not only to have the opportunity to leave for 4 months and experience the world, and I love that it has given me an appreciation both for other cultures as well as an appreciation for my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment