Monday, February 1, 2016

Living out my dream of being a princess

This past weekend I made my way to the little village of Cochem, Germany with a group of unreasonably cool people. Cochem is a quaint town with lots of vineyards and an awesome castle that I got to play princess in for a day. While most of the town was closed for the winter holiday, we were still able to tour the castle (all be it in German....) and venture to a wine tasting. It was quite the relaxed weekend getaway.

It was on the rainy and cold Saturday that we decided to hike up the mountainous hill to my princess castle....oh, oops, I just meant the castle...It was rebuilt by a wealthy man in the 1800s after laying in ruins from a battle with the French in the earlier years. It was still cool to see a castle and the view from the balcony was absolutely breathtaking. After the castle tour we went to a wine cellar for a private wine tasting where we were treated to several delicious white wines, two of which were ice wine! Of course, we all ended up buying a bottle or two and went back to the hotel to have a wine/game/convo night which was my favorite part of the trip.

Something I've realized is that it really doesn't matter where you are, it's all about who you are with and how you all share the experience together. In just one night we managed to get so much closer through real conversations about life, faith, and our passions. I am so thankful for such a great group of people to travel with. I can't wait to see what other adventures we have.

School is definitely starting to pick up, and honestly I'm a little worried. Studying abroad is very different than taking classes at a university. The classes are more spread out and so a logical flow of material is much harder to achieve. The motto right now is to work hard during the weeks, so that I can experience Europe on the weekends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment