Sunday, February 21, 2016

I Want My Mummy

The Week of Vienna

The week started with getting up at 4:45 and boarding a plane that's engine didn't work. I have now been on 2 different early morning flights where the plane has a problem with its engine. You would figure that such an early flight wouldn't have any problems because it's the first one out for the day. That would just make too much sense though.

We made it to the Deutschmeister and had to miss our tour with Dr. Schnovvel. We had a little bit of free time and went out to lunch and I got the dracula schnitzel. It was amazing. We then went to the city center to get a tour of the catacombs.

What's a catacomb? Well I thought it was just an area underneath the church. I was partly right. Its an area underneath the church that hosts dead people. Four thousand dead people used to be in the location that I was walking in. It was just 2 hundred when I was there so no big deal. There were skulls and femurs and a bunch of bones stacked up against the walls because they had no idea who they belonged to. That was a little weird considering that it was once a real live human being at one point. There were 3 mummies that were located in the catacombs as well. I had never seen a mummy before and I kept staring at it. I was waiting for it to move. But, it never did. It's probably a good thing it didn't because it was dead. I didn't think that it was super creepy because I used to work in a funeral home. Vienna has a weird thing with death.

Then we went to dinner. For some reason, I don't do well in dimly lit restaurants. It was also super hot so I was super flushed and didn't talk very much during dinner. It was good food but I couldn't really focus on the food. I was more focused on how flushed and hot I was feeling. Little did I know that that was going to be the least of my worries.

The next day we went to the Spanish Horse Riding school. I walked in and started sneezing at first and just thought "huh i must be allergic to horses." Well it turns out, I am SUPER allergic to horses. I ended up losing my voice and I couldn't breathe all that well. I had to go take allergy medication and drink a lot of water. We then went on a tour with Dr. Schnovvel and saw the history of medicine of Vienna. It was quite interesting to see who was born where.

We then went to the Joseephenum and Fools Tower. It was very interesting to see the insides of humans but seeing multiple diseases after diseases in Fools Tower didn't make me feel the best. It was pretty disgusting to be completely honest. Its a good thing I don't wanna be a doctor.

Vienna was overall amazing. I think I may need to go back to experience the more that it has to offer. This post was pretty bland because currently I'm focusing on hell week. We have 3 tests, 4 homework assignments, and a presentation due this week. Yahoo. But I guess we are still in school. It really is too bad.

Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment