Monday, February 29, 2016

Hell Week and Berlin

So Hell Week was bad.

That's really all I have to say about that. I spent all my time studying and preparing for my two exams and presentation and they were not what I expected the outcome to be like. So theres always next time right? I hope. I tried to forget about this week by spending my time in Berlin.

It worked.

We took the night bus from Cologne to Berlin which kinda was rough because I don't think I slept the entire night. We arrived at the bus station at 7 in the morning and like a bunch of typical Americans, we found the closest Starbucks we could. But what was cool about this Starbucks was that it was at the front of the Brandenburg Bridge. We then got a free tour around Berlin for a couple of hours. We saw the building where Michael Jackson hung Blanket out the window, we saw the Jewish Memorial, and saw the top of Hitler's bunker. During the break of the tour, we decided to go to a different Starbucks and signed up for a pub-crawl that night. After the tour, we grabbed some lunch next to a place called Suicide Circus and ate a double cheeseburger. We then went back to the hotel and crashed for about an hour and a half. We ate dinner that night a Mexican restaurant and it was actually really good! That night we went on a pub-crawl and met people from Scotland, Spain, Croatia, Germany, Canada, and there was even a kid from Ohio. It was a lot of fun. We didn't get back till about 4 in the morning and the next day we woke up at about noon.

We went and looked at the Jewish memorial again, the topography of terror which was Nazi history through the eyes of Nazis, and tried to go see the Reichstag but we needed a reservation so we couldn't get in. We walked a couple miles and climbed a giant statue that had about 300 steps and got a great view of the city. We ate dinner that night and finished off at Dunkin Doughnuts.

Overall it was a great weekend and I can't wait to travel again. Except my phone broke so that's annoying. But we'll see ya next time

No comments:

Post a Comment