Thursday, February 11, 2016

I Need To Stop Eating My Way Through Europe...

SEE YA LATER PASTRIES
      So much awesome stuff has happened since my last blog post so I am going to have to break this up into paragraphs:
KARNEVAL: On Thursday, I had my first Carnival experience, and oh wow was it something... You walk down the street and people everywhere are dressed in crazy costumes, soaking wet, getting drunk and yelling/slurring "Kamella" (sorry for my spelling). I have to admit it was super fun (aside from accidentally butt dialing AIB Emergency multiple times.. I still feel so bad for that...) but I am not sure if I could have handled four days straight of that craziness... I commend those who can, but I can't hang. 
MUNICH: The second half of my weekend consisted of an interesting trip to Munich. The city is absolutely beautiful, and aside from some rough transportation issues, the trip was a lot of fun! We went to Fussen on Saturday to see the castles and I think I found my future home. The architecture was amazing and I was blown away by the beautiful detail within the castles. The view from the mountain where the castle was was indescribable... Not even a picture could show how truly amazing God's creation is. I stood on top of the mountain looking out at the mountains and town thanking God for the amazing opportunity he has provided me with. On Sunday we went to Dachau. It was a shocking and humbling experience... I won't go into too much detail, so that I don't get too sad, but I cannot believe some of the things those poor people endured. After Dachau, we went back to Munich and we walked around throughout the Carnival celebration and ate just about every pastry we could find.. I have no regrets.. Not even one pastry. 
NO MORE PASTRIES: This Wednesday marked the beginning of Lent (Ash Wednesday). I decided to give up pastries this year along with adding a daily devotional. I believe that giving up pastries will be difficult given the city we live in, but I think it will be worth it. I hope to grow stronger in my faith through my daily devotional and I will continue to thank God every day for allowing me to take part in this adventure. 
FISH CAMP 2.0: About an hour ago, I had by interview for Fish Camp 2016. I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED! I HOPE I GET IT. Fish Camp means so much to me, and I want nothing more than to get the opportunity to help the class of 2020 have a smooth entrance into college. PLEASE PRAY THAT I GET IT :D
Well that just about sums up my week.. I have a 211 test on Monday and we leave for Vienna on Tuesday so next week should be pretty eventful.. I'll let you know how it goes.. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment