Saturday, February 13, 2016

"Playing catch up!"

This weekend will be a much somber weekend. I am spending the weekend in Bonn with my host family, but I will be studying for 99% of the time. I have managed to keep up with the most of my studies, but it can become quite difficult when you want to spend your weekends traveling.

Dr. Wasser was so kind as to move our first physiology exam from this past Thursday to this coming Monday before we leave for Vienna. I will be forever grateful for this. I began to worry some this past weekend while I was in Munich and Füssen because I hadn't kept up with my reading like I should have. I began to read the chapters that our test is over on the train ride home. As the nervousness began to set in we went to class on Tuesday when he informed us that he was moving our test if that was okay with us. Everyone let out a sigh in unison.

The rest of the week, I played catch up on my writing assignments and labs that were due at the end of the week. I finished my labs with no problem, but didn't finish my essay until last night around 10 pm. It's not due until tonight at 12 am, but I wanted to go ahead and get it out of the way. Now that its finished, I will spend the rest of the weekend studying for my physiology exam, and catching up on the reading that I have fallen behind on.

I'm not usually one to put things off, and I definitely do not enjoy "playing catch up". I like to be early, rather than late I guess you can say. My host mom informed me that my host dad will be coming home from the weekend. This is very exciting news. I enjoy his company and our little talks that we have while he is home. It is sad though that I probably won't get to spend as much time with him as I would like, but he should be home for good in the next couple of weeks!

Now that I have caught up not only on my writing assignments and labs, but also my blog posts since I have been in Germany, it is time to start the forever dreaded reading of my physiology textbook for my test on Monday.

Wünsch mir Glück!

No comments:

Post a Comment