Wednesday, February 3, 2016

I Conquered My Fear and Walked on the roof of the Cathedral

The Fear Was Real
     This past week was filled with interesting events. I walked on top of the Cologne Cathedral. I got food poisoning from schnitzel. I got some super cheap, cute shoes. I went to Bayer to tour the company office. I learned to sing a Karneval song in German and how to yell for candy. And I bought a lady bug costume... and not your typical lady bug costume. I mean a fluffy... large... bright lady bug costume. It is quite cute. 
      Walking on the roof of the Cologne Cathedral was a pretty great experience. Being afraid of heights, I was very skeptical of walking all the way up to the roof of this giant Cathedral. I have to admit though, it was worth the panic attack. The view from up there was absolutely amazing. I got the opportunity to see the city from a completely different perspective and I loved it. 
      This weekend is Karneval. I have a costume and I am ready for womens' Karneval tomorrow! I think that just being there for one day is enough. I am so excited to get to spend a while all dressed up watching the parade, but I am not quite the type to want to be surrounded by millions of drunk people acting a fool for four days straight. I will be slipping away to Munich with about 13 other people in our group. Im not going to lie, I am so excited to spend the weekend away just having fun with friends.
      I am sorry that this blog post is kind of lame.... This week hasn't been too exciting. My next post will be much more entertaining with a lot more stories to tell I promise!
      Until next time blog... 

No comments:

Post a Comment