Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Jay Garza 2/3/16

Jay Garza 2/3/16


Germany has been treating me well. Most of my faults have been corrected through circumstantial “accidents”. Although one of my faults that has yet to be corrected is the fact that I have lost my key to my host family’s house. The most infuriating part of this is that I lost it somewhere in the house, but my host family doesn’t believe. Therefore, they are bent on changing the lock and getting a new set of keys. I have been trying through my broken German to explain that they don’t need to change the locks and that I just need a new key, but they will not supply.

I have read through 3 books already since I have gotten to Germany. Now this is surprising because I haven’t read a book since 8th grade, especially not one on my own accord. This phenomenon has probably been due to the fact that I can’t drive and must take public transportation which gives me plenty of time to read. Also, I don’t have wifi at home so I can no longer look up funny pictures and videos on the internet. Fortunately, most of the books I have read have given me tips on how to deal with people, effectively. More importantly, people that are angry with me. Since, this seems to be my relationship with most people that I have any sort of cooperating relationship with, this skill has proven quite useful. This has led to a better experience with my groups and classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment