Friday, January 31, 2014

Spending Alice time

Well on a personal note, I got to see my old foreign exchange student, Alice, this weekend. She came to Texas three years ago to live with my family. She came over from Brussels for the weekend and I was able to show her around sweet little Bonn and catch up!! It was very nice to see her even though I probably wasn't a very good tour guide considering that I've only been here for less that 3 weeks... Its still feels like a longer time probably because we have crammed so much fun into the last few days. Even more exciting is that I get to go visit Alice in her home town in Belgium!!! I finally get to meet her family and see where she is from!! I don't think that many people get to experience that with a foreign exchange student. I am very excited for this!!!!!

This weekend I think a group is planning to explore Bonn some more and possibly go museum hoping. I have heard that there are several good art museums and an Egyptian museum. And of course it wouldn't be engineering without some homework that gets fit in every now and again. Then we will celebrate Melissa's birthday with a party at her host families house and hopefully some karaoke!!!! Fun weekend ahead!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment