Monday, January 27, 2014

First Weeks in Germany

AIB

The first two weeks have gone by so fast, but I have experienced so much. During the first few days we toured the city of Bonn. We saw places like Beethoven's house, the old city hall, the Bonn Minster, and the University of Bonn. Even though our tour was in the cold drizzly rain, I thought tour was very interesting and informative. A few days later we went to Mayschoss, a small town about 45 minutes away from Bonn. We hiked in the vineyards and after the hike we had a wine tasting with soup and bread. Seeing a place like Maychoss showed me that I didn't have to travel to a major city in Europe to have a good time. Tomorrow we are going to Cologne to take a tour of the city and a tour of the Cologne Cathedral.


During the weekends in Bonn I have gone to some bars and meet some pretty interesting people. One night a man noticed I was speaking English and he asked me where I was from. I said I was from Houston Texas. He then asked if I liked to watch basketball and who my favorite team is. I told him the Houston Rockets and that was his favorite team too. He told me when he grew up he would watch the Rockets in the 90's when Charles Barkley was on the team. He said Charles Barkley was the best player he has ever seen. Which I kinda of found funny because Charles Barkley is a good player but not the best ever. We then talked about the current Rockets roster and he loved that we added Dwight Howard in the offseason and he thinks we have a good shot at the championship. When I left the bar we exchanged numbers and he told me that we should watch the Super Bowl together. Being in Bonn I thought that people really like to watch soccer, but I guess some people enjoy watching American sports such as basketball and football.


No comments:

Post a Comment