Saturday, January 25, 2014

First thoughts

These first few days have been absolutely fantastic. I really like my host family and we seem to get together like a house on fire. I really like everything that's happening around me is exciting and new. The best thing is meeting the people that I've been together with. I love the random things that we do together after classes, though I haven't made it to many of the get-togethers. I should really start working on being more social. However, it's definitely a lot of fun to get together with all the people here and just talk about anything over a glass of beer at the pub or to go get lunch at any of the wonderful restaurants around the city. I've discovered so many different flavors and foods here, it's so wonderful!

On the program side, there are so many programs that I've liked so far. My favorite has to be the German breakfast that we recently had in German class with Fenja. It was a lot of fun to sit down and all try and get better at our German together. We could only speak in German, but that didn't make the table any less loud as we all wanted to eat a bit of everything and kept the food at a constant rotating pace. At one point one of the student workers came in and looked at us really confusedly because we were all just sitting around eating. He asked if it was a class, and looked even more confused when we answered yes, until we told him we were learning foods and could only speak in German for the meal...all in German of course. It's actually pretty cool, I'm starting to think in German words for just the simple things like yes, no, bye, hallo, guten morgen (see?) and similar words.

No comments:

Post a Comment