Saturday, January 18, 2014

Better Late than Never(I promise I wrote the majority of this before I left the country)

Hello all, my name is David Cavazos and I am a sophomore Biomedical Engineering Student. I am from Georgetown, Texas, a small town about an hour north of Austin. I am really excited for this coming Study Abroad trip. If I have to say I was apprehensive or nervous about any of it, I would say that I was mostly nervous about the International Flight/ extensive layover. I'm also pretty nervous about meeting my family for the first time since this will be the first time since I was born of living with people that I don't already know. I'm fairly confident that we will get along swimmingly though but the first few days might be pretty awkward while I find my boundaries.
One thing I'm looking forward to would have to be the public transportation part. Since I don't have my license in the US, my travel is mainly dictated by walking, biking and the good will of my friends. This works pretty well for me but it gets pretty obnoxious getting a constant spiel of how I should get my license. I think the public transportation in Germany will make that a lot nicer since I'll be able to get around a lot easier than in the US and it'll be lecture-free. Another thing I'm looking forward to is making a bunch of new friends in my major and in BIMS. One last thing I'll mention is that I forgot to buy one of the books that we need before I left... so we will see what that does for me academically this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment