Friday, January 24, 2014

Entschuldigung!!!!

Howdy, y'all!

It's already week two of our trip abroad! Wooooo.... The first day, after the short travel to Deutschland, Mama B. (my host mom) took me to her student's, 65th birthday tea party. This was the first encounter with true "Deutschlanders" and their house was like a majestic tree house. It was rather strange having to introduce myself with cheek kissing. I wasn't expecting it and almost broke poor E's nose trying to hug her. Entschuldigung, Elka!

The first day of school was rather exciting. I felt like a "kool kid" riding the bus to school with my face pressed up against the window staring at the aesthetic pleasing . That was the first culture shock, sweat pants are a NO NO in Europe :'(. Another culture difference I noticed was that the toilets here are very strange. They aren't stall-like, but rather very enclosed and the flush rather forcefully! Also, a biggie I noticed was that the toilet paper here was rather abrasive! I'm used to it now, but I can't help but laugh about the first time I was exposed to the sandpaper-esque hygiene wipes. 

At the end of the first week, we were told that we would be working with an engineer from Otto Bock to work on a project that would pertain to a real life issue. It'll be really interesting to do our design project with several professionals in our field and beyond. I'm super pumped and can't wait to work with all of the other bioscience students!

So, for those of you who haven't gotten it taken care of, tuition is due today at 17:00 Texas time!!! I'd better get my tuition figured out before they deport me back to the states. 


No comments:

Post a Comment