Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spring Break

AIB

Before spring break we had a Skype meeting with a engineer from Otto Bock, to ask him questions about our project for them. We asked him questions about our current design ideas and he thought all our questions were good and interesting but he kept saying that the ideas might not go with the project about minimizing a socket. After the meeting we made bigger groups from our small groups, and the group I was in focused on a minimized socket with cutouts in it.

Personal

For spring break I went to Barcelona with Brandon, Braden, and Ross, Brandon's roommate. Barcelona is a beautiful city with many things to see and do. La Rambla is a central street filled with tourists and at the end of the La Rambla there are multiple street performers dressed in elaborate costumes. My favorite street performer was a guy dressed as John Lennon and if you gave him money he would start playing a song.

Although there was a FC Barcelona soccer game during my stay in Barcelona, the tickets were quite expensive. But I was able to take a tour of the stadium and the FC Barcelona museum.

I also visited the Barcelonetta beach multiple times because it is really relaxing to walk on a beach. The beach was man made for the Olympic games in 1992. There weren't many people actually in the water but there a lot of people just hanging out in the sand. 

One of my favorite sight was the Sagrada Familia. It is still being constructed and it is supposed to be completed in 13 more years, but it still looks amazing and the the inside is completely finished. The thing that amazed me the most was that Gaudi, the designer of the church, didn't use much math in designing the structure. He used nature as a guide and also weights attached to strings. I will definitely have to come back to Barcelona when it is completed.  

I also really enjoyed the 4 hour bike tour of Barcelona. The tour guide was very informative and I felt very safe maneuvering through the busy streets of Barcelona. Below are some pictures of the stops from the bike tour. 





No comments:

Post a Comment