Monday, April 7, 2014

Automatic Chickens


During the weeks leading up to our Otto Bock visit and presentation, I was honestly having many doubts about how well it would all go. It seemed like we had spent a whole lot of time working on the visual aspects of our presentations, but not as much time as we should have on the actual design aspects. However, in the last couple of days leading up to our Friday visit, my spirits began to rise as our presentations moved closer and closer to being seamless. By our mock-run through on Thursday night, I was quite confident that Otto Bock would be quite pleased with the ideas that we were bringing to their table. On Friday, our presentations seemed to go very well, and it was probably the least nervous I have ever felt while giving a public presentation (thanks for all the presentation tips Dr. Brucker!). I enjoyed getting to hear the critiques of our ideas by the engineers because it helped open my eyes to aspects of our design that none of us had thought about, such as the effects that a moment would have on our design. Getting to tour the facility was also incredibly amazing. I especially loved getting to see how they made the carbon fiber parts, mostly because I plan on attempting to make something out of carbon fiber this summer, possibly a unicycle frame. So yeah, Automatic Chickens. Thanks a lot Dr. Wasser and Kristin and Jane and Sara for making this all possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment