Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Berlin,Otto Bock, Charity Weekend

AIB

The first thing we did in Berlin was a bike tour. I did a similar bike tour in Barcelona which I really enjoyed so I was looking forward to this one in Berlin. We saw Checkpoint Charlie, the Berlin Wall, Reichstag, and the memorial to the murdered Jews in Europe. After Berlin we had our Otto Bock presentations in Duderstadt. I was really nervous about presenting our group's idea to the Otto Bock engineers because if they didn't think it was good then it would make our whole University look bad. However, the all the presentations went really well and they liked all of our ideas. The tour of the Otto Bock facilities was really cool too. Otto Bock also just opened an office in Austin so hopefully I can get an internship there next summer. After our class excursion the first international Big Event was on that following Saturday. I helped the American Protestant Church with gardening in which I pulled weeds, and clipped hedges.

Personal

During my free time in Berlin I went to the Gardens of the World. The gardens were beautiful and each one had a different theme such as the Renaissance garden, Chinese garden, Japanese garden, and the Christian garden. I also participated in the Bonn marathon relay. I have never done anything like a marathon before so I knew it was going to be difficult. I was able to run at a good pace for a good amount of my relay however towards the end I started to slow down a lot. After running my legs were sore for the next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment