Monday, April 7, 2014

Aachen's Department of Cardiovascular Engineering

Going into this trip, I thought I would only be mildly interested; it was engineering which is my fave, but I'm not all that interested in the cardiovascular side of things. When we got to the facility, however, one of the first things that the lecturer talked to us about was some of the mechanics and materials, which immediately grabbed my attention. After the lecture, we got to tour their facilities and see what sorts of devices they had made in their past, as well as see some of the testing that the onsite engineers were performing. Overall it was a great experience and it opened my eyes to the fact that I could be doing the things that I enjoy most (materials, mechanics) in pretty much any subbranch of BMEN, whether that be cardiac, or prosthesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment