Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Fussball Week

AIB

During the week of March 17-23 there was a lot of soccer going on. On the Wednesday I competed in the AIB Soccer Cup. I have always enjoyed playing soccer however I wasn't able to play it during high school because basketball was during the same season. Our team made it all the way to the semi finals and finished in fourth place. We also went to Leverkusen that day to visit Baykomm Communication center. The visit was very interactive which was really cool. One part of the tour a volunteer had to use his movements to move around molecules to its binding site.

Personal

During this weekend I attended a FC Cologne game which was my first European soccer game I have ever attended. Although FC Cologne is in the second division, there were many fans attending the game. The game finished at 0-0 draw but Cologne dominated possession and had numerous chances at goal but lacked the finishing touch. There were various chants during the game which I could kinda relate to the cheers we have at A&M.

No comments:

Post a Comment