Monday, April 7, 2014

Jelly donut time!!!!

Our last excursion and I'm sad to see it go by. Well I think we were all very stressed about our presentation at Ottobock before we presented but I was also able to enjoy this trip. The first day was very busy and early but I was able to fall asleep on the bus, which was nice. Then we went on a bike tour and saw a lot of the monuments of the city. This was very good and much easier than walking around to all of the cites. The next day was Johanna's birthday and we went to the medical school in Berlin. I really enjoyed our tour by Tiny Tom, he was freaking hilarious!!! In the evening we went to see a drag queen show for Johanna's (and Reid) birthday. Drag queens are pretty cool beans and it was a very fun night. The next day was the somber day when we went to Sachsenhausen to tour the concentration camp. It was quite an experience and while I can't really say that it was enjoyable, it was an experience that I will not forget and am glad for the opportunity. After the morning at the concentration camp we were ready for some lighter material, so we went to the Gardens of the world. It was quite an ordeal to try and find this place as the instructions in the book left off at the train station 2 miles away. The gardens were absolutely phenomenal and we were so lucky to catch them at the peak of the season when every thing was in full bloom. The next day we went to the Jewish museum which I thought was one of the best done museums I have been to. The entire building even the architecture was an exhibit and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Then we transferred to a new hotel and due to a hotel mix up we ended up in Kassel in a very nice hotel. The next day was Ottobock and I have to say that I was very glad that we finished up our presentations and that the engineers there didn't in fact laugh at us afterwards, at least not to our faces. My favorite part of the tour was the distribution room with all of the automated robots that brought all of the parts to the assembly line. It was very high tech. The first thing I thought when we walked into the storage rooms was "wow, it looks like Monster's Inc.!!!"
In the end I was very ready to go back to Bonn and relax before the Big Event and the Marathon this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment