Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Aachen and Budapest

AIB

We went to Aachen this Thursday to see the Aachen Cathedral and the Department of Cardiovascular engineering. The highlight of the trip for me was the Aachen Cathedral because of the historical items stored in it. In the shrine of St. Mary there are relics stored in it which included Mary's cloak and Christ's loincloth. I believe the tour guide said that they display these items every 4 years and during this summer they will be on display and more than 300,000 people will make a pilgrimage to see these relics. There was also the Throne of Charlemagne in the Cathedral which was made out of stone that Jesus Christ had walked on.




Personal

During this weekend I traveled alone to Budapest. This was the first time I have ever traveled completely by myself but it was a wonderful experience. I arrived in Budapest Friday night and I was staying at Retox party hostel. The hostel took us on a pub crawl and we went to 5 different local bars. During the pub crawl I met 4 guys from Scottish guys who were really funny. They were kinda hard to understand because their accents were so strong but I understood most of what they were saying. The next day I took a cave tour which was amazing. Some of the spots in the cave were tight but it was a really cool experience. After the cave tour, which took most of the day to do, I met back up with the Scottish guys to watch the English Premier games at a local Scottish pub. After the pub I went to a spa party. Budapest is known of its thermal baths but every Saturday they have huge parties in these thermal baths. The party was crazy but also a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment