Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Week 5, Staying in Bonn

This week I stayed in Bonn all week. I finally caught up on some much needed rest. I did not expect that all of the weekend travelling and the excursion would leave me as exhausted as it did but by the time I got back from Berlin/ Rostock, I was absolutely exhausted. This week, school also picked up a lot more which also left me a lot more tired. This left me very thankfully that I spent the entire weekend in Bonn.

On Monday, we travelled back from Rostock. It was a long day of travelling full of train rides. I spent seven hours on the train. On Tuesday, I was back to school. It was a long day at school after all of the travelling but I opted to go home to watch the math lecture instead of staying at school to do it. Wednesday we had our first pharmacology workshop. I found this very interesting as I want to go into PA school. I think that the settings we turned on will be very helpful for finding research papers. On Thursday, we had our second pharmacology workshop. It was very interesting to break down the paper with another student and see how we differed on our views on how well we felt the paper was written. On Friday, we had another full day of classes, but after class, I went to a coffee shop that was very cute with some of the girls on the trip. We sadly could not do any work though because they would not allow us to pull out our laptops. On Saturday, I spent the day catching up on some much needed rest. I took three different naps but my body was really needing it. I also started studying for my first exam. On Sunday, I took a nice walk along the Rhine which was very nice. I then met up with Isabelle at the University library but we could not figure out the entrance and realized that we did not have the Wi-Fi password so we found a Café instead. We studied for our upcoming exam and I then went home and studied some more.

Having a week of no travelling was refreshing. I challenged myself to take pictures of things I found pretty in Bonn and appreciate the city every day. I got to see a beautiful sunset one evening and really enjoyed my walk along the Rhine. Even as I type this looking out of my window, I really appreciate the natural beauty Germany has and the architecture around the city. I hope to have more relaxing weekends as I go along the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment