Saturday, February 5, 2022

Germany Blog 3

 I have been having a lot of fun with my host family! I feel like German is a lot harder to learn than I was expecting. My host sisters only speak German, and I thought I would be able to pick up on a lot a phrases, but it's been pretty difficult. So far, what I have learned is: 

Eichhörnchen: Squirrel

- my host sisters spent maybe an hour trying to teach me and Camryn this. Antonia is really strict about the correct pronunciation! They picked up on "squirrel" really fast though.

Pusten: blow

- Emilia taught me this when we were drink some HOT hot chocolate (schokolade). I really enjoy when I can figure out a German word from a 5 year old.

Nochmal: again

- I learned this when I showed my host sisters a video of a little German boy excited over playing Fortnite and they wanted me to play it again.

I have learned a few other words, but these are my favorite memories so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment