Monday, February 7, 2022

Every street in Berlin has a story to tell!

Since we arrived, Berlin welcomed us with the typical cold and rainy German weather. We did the city tour in the rain, and although it wasn't that comfortable, we got to know the most symbolic places in Berlin in just one afternoon. The next day we visited the concentration center of "Sachsenhausen" where we had the opportunity to learn more about the living conditions of Jewish prisoners while they were imprisoned in these places. The experience of being in these places makes me feel a bit sad and sometimes speechless. As we walked, I thought "I am walking where they walked and maybe where many of them also died". Also, I believe that this experience teaches us to value other people regardless of the sociocultural differences that may exist. On the other hand, the museums were one of the most fun parts since we learned about the history, culture, and art of various countries by crossing the different exhibition halls of each museum. Not to mention that on our last day in Berlin, we decided to visit as many museums as possible to take advantage of the ticket we had purchased to visit the different museums on the Museum Island. At night, we went to eat at a Mexican restaurant, but when I asked the waiter if he spoke Spanish, he replied: "No, we only speak German or English!" Although this disappointed me a bit, I can't deny that the music in the place was not bad at all because it reminded me of Colombia, and the food was delicious. The next day, we visited “Body Worlds” and my favorite exhibit was the skeleton holding a phone in his hand. This is a clear example of today's society and the bad posture that we are acquiring by using the phone excessively, but unfortunately, we depend on it to do many things. Afterwards, we went to the museum of musical instruments, and it was wonderful to hear the melodies of each instrument. To end the day, I decided to visit the congregation of my Church (Church of God Ministry of Jesus Christ International - CGMJCI) in Berlin. When I arrived at the congregation I felt at home. It was a beautiful experience because I enjoyed the teaching, and at the end, I was able to greet my brothers of the faith who live in Berlin and share with them the fulfillment of the promises of our God in our lives. On the way back to the hotel, I did not imagine that I would meet the whole group! It was very crazy but fun. Although we couldn't get into the karaoke place, we weren't short of adventures. Emily, Avery and I needed to go to the bathroom, and we decided to go to one that was a little far from the train station, when we received a call that the train was leaving in 7 min, we ran as fast as possible, but what I most remember is that I didn't know whether to run faster or laugh nervously, especially since we were running in the rain. The important thing is that we arrive at the station on time. On our last day in Berlin, we took the opportunity to visit all the representative places that we needed to know, and at night, we went to a pizzeria with a delicious menu and each pizza we ordered had a unique flavor. My experience in Berlin was very fun. I think that Berlin is a city full of so much history that there is not enough time to visit all the places and learn more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment