Thursday, February 10, 2022

Stuttgart 1/28/2022


We took a train to Stuttgart on Friday afternoon, and as soon as we arrived we decided to go to a museum in the old Castle. On our way into the Museum, we let Nate interact with the man checking for our vaccination cards. They suddenly both switched from speaking German to speaking Spanish and had a very nice conversation concerning baseball and Alex Rodriguez. We were unfortunately denied entry into said castle museum because “they were closed,” even though there were definitely still a lot of people present and there was an hour left before their official closing time. A lot of very nicely dressed women were in attendance, so I think it’s safe to say we were slightly underdressed for the occasion.

On Saturday morning, we hiked through The Black Forest. I think we walked around ten miles on the hike, and most of it was uphill so if I’m not really fit by the end of this trip I must be hiking wrong. I fell in the mud within the first five minutes, and got dirt all over my knees. But the whole forest was very pretty, and my favorite parts were when we would walk off of the paved road and just explore. I don’t hike often so it was slightly difficult to keep up with the others who were quite literally racing up the hills. Hiking was much better in actual tennis shoes than my platform Docs. I highly recommend wearing the correct shoes for hiking. We also went to the Porsche Museum, admittedly slightly against my will because I am not usually very interested in cars, but I ended up really enjoying it and reading about all the different cars. Another thing we learned is that we really need to make dinner reservations from now on. We tried going to several restaurants that all turned us away because we didn’t make a reservation in advance. We ended up at a sushi restaurant on a one hour time limit, which was very good, but also slightly chaotic because we all felt like we had to rush to eat our food.


No comments:

Post a Comment