Monday, February 7, 2022

Week 4, Rostock!

It is hard to believe that I flew to Germany one month ago today. This also means that I have spent one quarter of my time here and man it is going by fast. After the Berlin excursion, I headed off to Rostock with Isabelle and Nate. We arrived Friday night around midnight to our Airbnb and the town was very empty and dark. Although I could not see much at the time, I could still tell that I would really enjoy the town. The next morning, we had a sunny day which was nice and amazing. This was something we had rarely had in Berlin. We headed to a bakery for breakfast and I enjoyed a nice glazed berliner and a croissant. I tried speaking in German and the lady immediately switched to English as she could tell that my German was no good. After this, we headed over to the beach area where we found a board walk with a view of the two lighthouses. We also went out and touched the Baltic Sea. We then headed out by train to Schwerin by train. Once we arrived, we had some sushi and then headed to the castle. It was my first castle to see and man it was amazing. I loved seeing it and walking around the grounds. We had a bit of rain while we were walking around but I did not mind it too much as we were getting to see an amazing castle. Following this, we headed on a train to Wismar and stopped for dinner. I had some Hamburg style schnitzel that was very delicious. After, we headed back to Rostock.

Sunday brought along with it rainy weather but we had decided previously that we were going to have a more relaxed day since we had been travelling almost non-stop for a week and a half. We woke up later and enjoyed a relaxed breakfast at a bakery on the coast. There were actually some birds that were flying around in the bakery. After, we took a short walk on the beach but it was raining on us so we ended up getting soaked. This caused us to go back to our place and change pants as all of ours were wet. After, we went to the canal area were fish boats were docked and Isabelle and I enjoyed some fish and chips that we brought back to the Airbnb to get out of the rain. After, we headed to a coffee shop were I got a warm drink and some waffle strips that were sehr gut. We then headed back to the Airbnb and worked on some BMEN 211 homework before ordering some pizza for takeout. We ended up having some extra which worked out great for the train ride today. After, me and Nate took a night time walk on the beach and checked out some more of the homes. I really enjoy all of the German architecture. I then went back home and worked on more homework and some blog posts.

Today has consisted of getting on a train and now just riding on it. We will have seven hour journey back to Bonn so it is very nice that we have today off. I have really enjoyed this past week getting to go to Berlin and Rostock. It has been way more exhausting than I would have thought however with all of this travelling. Next weekend, I plan to only stay in Bonn and maybe do a short half day trip to a bordering city. I also have my first exam coming up the week after next so I think my school dynamic will start to change. I am also interested to see how this week will be with how tired I am but I also feel like I have a lot of school work that I have to do. Thankfully, it did work out nice that school did get cancelled for college station last Thursday so I only have one math lecture to catch up on now. I think that is funny how that worked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment