Monday, February 14, 2022

A sunny weekend

 I decided to stay home this weekend to rest, do chores, and catch up on work. I thought it would be relaxing but these past few days made me stir-crazy. I didn't even get to do my laundry so I couldn't really say what I was able to accomplish this weekend. One small joy out of staying home while everyone else went away was that it was sunny all weekend. The sun caused me to wake up super early every morning but maybe that was for the best. My host family lets us eat with them on the weekends even though we are independent home stay, which I really appreciate. So I got to eat good meals and not worry too much about where my net meal will come from. Though despite this, I still ended up spending over an hour in the store searching for sour cream and tortilla chips. My host family's second eldest son came to visit so I got to meet and talk to him. It was really interesting watching the whole family dynamic change and light up because he was there. The family spoke a lot in German, which I could pick up a little bit of, but it was mainly interesting to look at their faces and hear their tone change when talking to one another. On Sunday I went on a small hike with my host mom who took me up to the Dragon's Castle. It was a short hike but very beautiful at the top. I believe it was somewhere in the seven hills. Once at the top you could order food and drinks and there was a small gift shop. It was a beautiful day so I can only imagine what it looks like in the summer time. 

-Avery 

No comments:

Post a Comment