Thursday, February 10, 2022

Berlin, Week 4!

 

On Tuesday we went on a walking tour of Berlin where I learned that my jacket is not, in fact, waterproof.  We walked by the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag, and through museum island. My sweater was quite damp underneath my jacket, but I enjoyed the walk through the city so I didn’t mind too much. After the walking tour, we ate at a Mediterranean restaurant called Merhaba. It was one of the best meals I’ve had in the month that I’ve been in Germany, and I ate several full plates of food.

My favorite part of the Berlin trip was definitely exploring Museum Island and using the museum pass we got. The Pergamon is probably one of my favorite museums I’ve ever been to. I loved seeing the reconstructed ancient buildings and walking around them. We also went to the Neues museum, which was particularly interesting for me because they had quite a large Egyptian collection. I really enjoy ancient Egyptian history, and we spent almost three hours in that museum. We then proceeded to speed run the Alte Nationalgalerie, because we went in with only one hour left before closing. It was beautiful inside, not just because of the art, but because of the rooms themselves. I have never been so sad to leave a museum before, and I really wish I could have seen the whole thing.

After leaving the museum, we went to a Mexican restaurant, which was actually much better than I was expecting. But after realizing that we had to catch a train, we ate very fast, and had to sprint through Berlin HBF to make our train to Rostock. Definitely the most stressful, and the most tiring part of our trip, but we made it to our platform on time so it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment