Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Vienna to Budapest

Vienna: 
Vienna was a beautiful cultural experience. I adored the food, scenery, art, and history. I'm pretty sure I visited the pastry shop Demel over 4 times. I couldn't get enough of their hot chocolate, cake, and delicious treats.  I enjoyed walking through the streets of Vienna and being lectured by a plague doctor about preventative measures that protect you against the deadly disease. The various medical tours involved wax models that were a mixture of science and artwork, which was absolutely incredible. It is crazy to think that those were lecture models medical students would use to learn human anatomy and physiology. I was very grateful that the program scheduled a concert where we listened to string quartet playing in St. Anne’s church. The sound was angelic and the ambiance was southing and spiritual and a great way to end the night.



Budapest:

After Vienna several of us hopped on a train and headed to Budapest! Going to Budapest was not a priority, but I’m glad I did. In the free city tour I learned about their history and culture. ..Who would have known that Hungarian ancestors came from Asia? Aside from cool facts I also got to see both sides of town (Buda/pest) and take beautiful pictures of the scenery and with friendsJ

No comments:

Post a Comment