Sunday, February 22, 2015

Amsterdam + "Karneval on My Shoes"

Last weekend was definitely more than eventful. We started it off with the parade in Beuel, left for Amsterdam that night, and then came back Sunday to see the Rosenmontag parade in Cologne and Bonn. Karneval was so much fun and I'm really glad I got to experience it in Cologne! I'm also glad that we don't live there and therefore didn't have to deal with the mess that is the Cologne Hauptbanhof (except for when we went to Amsterdam, blah). The people in Bonn are much "classier" and cleaner when they Karneval. I'm definitely much happier now that my shoes don't stick to the ground.

Amsterdam was beautiful and I'm so glad I got to see it. The Anne Frank House was so interesting and pretty sad. It's cool seeing the place she lived and what happened in each room. Random things I learned: their toilet was pretty and she was soooo tall for a fourteen year old. We went on a city tour and learned more about Amsterdam and finished off the night with a canal tour! Tours on tours on tours. We also went to the Rijksmuseum, which was huge and filled with so many interesting works of art. I really enjoyed seeing the replica of Napoleon's library and the special collections. I wish we had more time in the museum because there was so much I didn't get a chance to see. Amsterdam was definitely quite an experience and I'm glad I had the chance to go.

Unfortunately, we have two tests this week and I am excited about neither of them. In exactly two weeks, I'll be in Rome. Whaaaaat?! I can't wait for spring break! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment