Sunday, February 1, 2015

Look Out Your Window!!!!

Date: January 31, 2015
Time: 11:00 am
Description: It started to snow again!

Looking out my window and seeing the snow reminded me of how important capturing every moment is important. I decided to do a quick recap on what has happened this week. The major highlight was traveling to Cologne. A quick 30 minute train ride got us to our destination and as soon as we walked out of the train station....There it was the Cologne Cathedral! 


It is one of the largest Cathedrals I have ever seen. It took my breath away, the architecture is stunning. I don't understand how it was possible to build something this large during that time period.

It is one of the largest Cathedrals I have ever seen. It took my breath away, the architecture was just simply stunning. I don't understand how it was possible to build something that large during their time period.

Inside the attention to detail was immaculate! Every corner had beautiful crown molding, statues of saints, and paintings. I was able to go down to the basement where the remains of the three wise men are kept. We were not able to see the gold coffin where they are kept but we were able to enter the chambers where prayer takes place. I was raised a Catholic so being there was unimaginable and a very spiritual moment for me. Wether or not those are the actual remains of the three wise men is a mystery, but I appreciated learning about the Cathedrals history and how they acquired the remains.
The tour of Cologned concluded on the Cathedrals highest tower from where we all witnessed a stunning view of the city and admired its beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment