Monday, February 9, 2015

exploring the exotic

I had an incredible time this last week! I enjoyed traveling with the whole group to Vienna immensely and all of the museums we went to were awesome. I loved learning about anatomy and physiology with graphic and realistic models. Vienna is a wonderful, clean, bright city. I cannot wait to return at a time in my life where I can afford to go to fancy meals and stay for longer. I enjoyed the crypt tour immensely and was impressed with the preservations of the bodies. On our free day in Vienna, I got to go to a zoo for the first time! It was super awesome and I loved interacting with the orangoutangs because they were incredibly human-like. I learned a massive amount about animals, history, psychology, and anatomy in Vienna.

Budapest was equally wonderful and a stark contrast to Vienna. It was startling to me how evident the remnants of the Soviet Union era was in the condition of the public transportation. It was cool though because it made everything feel very "exotic". The currency exchange rate was also a struggle, but a struggle that I learned from. I am so thrilled that I am learning more about art and developing an appreciation and ability to discern my preferences for art. The hostel we stayed in was also trendy and an interesting experience.

I think I am really making progress on proving to myself that I am independent. Unfortunately, my sense of direction is still lacking, but perhaps I should take that as motivation to make friends with people who have a superior sense of location.

No comments:

Post a Comment