Sunday, February 15, 2015

Amsterdam

Carnival is this week. On Thursday, we (Biosciences) went to Beuel and watched the carnival from the streets. Droves of kids and adults in costumes went by in the parade. They would throw candies and other items (tissues, cookies, toys, etc). I dressed up as an polar bear. After the carnival, a bunch of us went to Amsterdam for the weekend. We arrived Thursday night around 12 ish and finally arrive at the hostel at 1. I had roomed with three other people.
On the first full day there, I went to the body worlds. It was an exhibition using cadavers donated to science. We were not allow to take photos, so I got some from the internet. My favorite was the flying pig.



After a delicious lunch at t'Pakhuis. I met up with others and explored the red light district. I saw something, I wish I did not see but overall it was great.That night, I had some apple pancake (more crepe like in style).



The next day, we slept in a little more. We all went past Anne Frank huis to see the place. The line was looped around the entire area. We ate at the Pancake Bakery, I had ordered a ham and cheese omelette.  We rode the trams to rijksmuseum and took some photos at the I amsterdam sign. Then to digest, we went around the flower market to get some final souvenirs. Since I already had my stuff, I wandered around the dam (city central) for a little bit. The day ended when we met up at the Amsterdam Central.










No comments:

Post a Comment