Friday, July 14, 2017

THE LAST BLOG

Coming home was probably the longest feeling day I have ever encountered. Austin and I traveled for about 32 hours and it was terrible. We got home around midnight and I figured I would sleep all day the next day but I was up at about 7 in the morning and I was ready to go. I had no jet lag or anything and it was great! I felt very odd coming back home… Of course I was happy to see my family, but I felt some sort of sadness because I was no longer living with my host mom. It made me feel so sad because I know she is now home by herself. I would do anything just to go back and sit and have a meal with her again. Now and then she will text me to tell me about the weather over there and how she misses me. When she does this I get overwhelmed with sadness all over again.

Germany was such an amazing experience that I am so incredibly happy that took advantage of. It completely changed my view of the world. Here in America it’s as if they want the rest of the world to look like a terrible place. I had no desire to travel anywhere. I am so thankful that Austin talked me into doing it. Now I want to go and see everything. I just recently got back from Panama in Central America and it was also amazing. The people were so friendly and they are so grateful for all that they have. I love that I am getting the privilege to see different cultures and learn so much. Next year I am hoping to visit Spain and maybe the Philippines. I love telling people about all of our trips and different experiences and showing pictures. The happiness is at an all time high whenever I see anything German in America. I miss it so much. I wish I could just take my family and friends and move them to Europe. Germany was that push that I needed so that I could get a little taste and now traveling is my new addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment