Friday, July 14, 2017

Am I a Hero Yet?


Before I get started, I want to say if you are reading this and have the option of going on this trip! GO, It was by far one of the best decisions of my life, if not then the best. Now on another note:

Well guys,

It's over. An let me tell you I have made some friends that I will remember for a lifetime! And I have a few stories that my family and my kids will definitely appreciate for a laugh. It was ALL an adventure, looking back, I wish I could go back!

From the chipping of teeth in N8schidt, to the not so nice cab stories in Rome, to the crying as I look at my taxi pull up in front of me to go to the airport, it was all so different.

I cannot believe its over, I cant believe there's no more Backwerk and AIB, no more catching trains in the middle of the night! HAHA I am just really at a loss for words!

I'm not sure of what to say, or how to end this, it was a 15 week long journey that ended too soon. Too soon for me to come back to an actual scholastic semester that is slowly driving me crazy. Too soon to leave vacation, and new friends, and one euro gelato cones, and snowball fights, and endless traveling.

I thank everyone who actually liked me enough to put up with me, even more so those who still put up with me now that they don't have to anymore

It was a nice run guys, it was amazing! I wish I had more to say, or could think of more to say. The Bonn Voyage was a nice one, but we're all still heroes in our own stories.


You made it through a semester over seas with all new things, and new people, and for that you were brave. You laughed with people and talked with people you had never known and for that you're silly and charismatic. You learned to love people you may never see again, or well some of us did anyways and that means you have a big heart. You were a big boy or a big girl and handled your own problems on your own, and for that you're forgiving. In my book that makes you a hero, and if you ever have a down day,  you remember that.

Even if you weren't your own hero to you, you embarked on this heroes journey and you finished it, so to me you're a hero, one of the 30+ heroes that I met in four months, and I will never ever forget you friend, maybe just your last name LOL.




  
Don't count yourself out just yet, you made it, you may just have a little more growing to do is all, but believe in yourself, because I always will! 





NOW, ENOUGH of that sappy bull, when are we all hitting up NORTHGATE TOGETHER, when is everybody legal, man we have to get the gang back together, its time for a reunion! I need a date to mark on my calendar!


Kidding, nah I am serious, if you have my number don't hesitate to use it for anything, no matter what or when! From one hero to another, now I am flying away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment