Thursday, July 13, 2017

Final Blog

Having been back for about half the summer now, I've fallen back into the routine days of College Station life. Looking back, I can't believe how normal it felt to be living day to day life in Germany. The whole thing feels like it was a dream, a quick experience but filled with so so much. I've got to say, I really miss it. Being back home is relieving in ways, and in a lot of ways I'm thankful to be home again. But I definitely miss Bonn and everything that came with it, especially the Doner.

This experience really gave me a freedom unlike anything I've ever had before. Being able to travel, interact with locals from all over, and really just figure out how to handle each new city I went to was such an incredible experience. I thought I had a pretty good perspective on cultures of the world and how things worked, but after experiencing so many different lifestyles and countries, I've learned so much more. The most impactful experience for me by far was my Spring Break. My solo adventure. That week I spent with just me and my backpack, exploring Denmark and Norway with no real objectives other than to enjoy myself and explore. That's my favorite way to travel, and I'm so glad I got to do it.

I definitely plan to go back someday. This trip really reignited my fire to travel the world. I can't wait to return to these places I've already experienced. But more than that, I can't wait to explore new places that I've yet to visit. The world is a much smaller place once you've gotten to see more of it. Foreign countries feel much less foreign. If I had to name one "boon" from the trip I really don't think I could, because the trip changed so many things about me as a person. The Hero's journey was truly one to never forget, and I don't plan for it to be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment