Tuesday, April 7, 2015

They Know I'm Not French

It's insane that we're going home in less than a month... I don't want to leave at all! One semester was not enough and I know I'll be going back to so many of the places I've been. I'm a little sad that I didn't get to travel more in Germany, seeing Hamburg and Munich would have been really cool. I'm especially disappointed that I missed out on the Black Forest but I'm taking it as an excuse to come back to this beautiful country.

Paris for Easter Break was the craziest and best idea. I still can't believe that only three days ago, I was standing at the top of the Eiffel Tower looking over the city as the sun set. We went to Easter mass at the Notre Dame and I enjoyed it so much. I was surprised by how much of it I could understand and it was cool remembering the prayers in French that I've forgotten. I definitely tried speaking French a lot, but Parisiennes speak really fast and I blew my cover almost every time. Lesson learned: I can't pass for French. We got into the Louvre, and the Arc de Triomphe for free (heck yeah, thank you study abroad) and went on a record number of tours for one city (four tours, hot dayum). Paris was stunning. Cross off half of my bucket list stunning. It's a beautiful city with so much history that I enjoyed hearing about. We saw the Mona Lisa, which I definitely never thought I would be able to do in my life. The Louvre was incredible! It was HUGE and the art was amazing. After seeing all of these amazing museums inside palaces and intricate buildings, the ones back home don't really compare. It's also really crazy that we saw Moulin Rouge and some of the places in Amelie. Another cool thing was walking around the city and seeing tombs built into walls of people who died in the Liberation of Paris in 1944. I still can't believe we did the things we did and I definitely want to go back some day.

School is incredibly stressful now for everyone and you can definitely tell when you walk in one of the classrooms. There are so many tests and projects due at the same time so I'm worried that I won't be able to keep up. I'm definitely ready to go home so that I'll have more time to study for classes.

The funniest thing about Easter Break is how I felt when I got back to Bonn and saw everyone. Bonn feels more like home every time I come back and I don't know if I'll ever be ready to leave. I also didn't realize just how much I missed the rest of the Biosciences people until I got back today and talked to them about their breaks. I'm pretty sad that our excursions are over and that I won't travel with the entire group again. It's going to be weird going home and not seeing their smiling faces every day.

I forgot to write about Berlin and Prague so I'll hopefully get to that by next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment