Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Beer.....that is all

Oh Munich, where do I begin. This was my favorite city in Germany. There are palaces for Bavarian Kings, monuments to the Bavarian Kings, large parks with great beer gartens, museums for all interests, an amazing soccer stadium, and more importantly, excellent Bavarian Beer. The first beer hall we went to was the hofbrauhaus. It was a massive building full of drunk Australians and Asian tourists where they served beer by the liter. Which for you Americans out there is roughly three bottles of beer in one mug. So needless to say, I was in heaven. I love beer. And the fact that I got to enjoy a copious amount of beer in one mug made me happier than anything in the world. But the beer journey didn't stop there. The next day I had weisbier at the Schneider and a couple days after that I went to the Augistiner. Apparently, the Augustiner serves the best beer in Europe. Thinking back on it now, it was probably the best beer I've had in my entire life, which isn't saying much since I've only been alive for 20 years, and that's probably why I got 2 liters of the stuff. Needless to say I was feelin' it! But I guess drinking beer wasn't the only fun thing we did in Munich. We went to the BMW museum and got to see how such a big company started from building innovative and superior airplane engines to developing motorcycles and eventually high performance cars. We took a day trip to Neuschwanstein which is the castle that inspired the Cinderella Castle in Disney World. The surrounding area was extremely scenic and it was snowing while we were there so it was especially fun, seeing that I've only been in snow once before and that was just over 2 months ago. We visited the Nymphenburg palace and the Residence where the Bavarian Kings and Queens lived with their families. We saw the allianz arena where Bayern Munchen plays and got to take a tour of the inner workings of it. And apparently you can surf in Munich, who knew! In this English Garten next to the art museum there is a man made river that flows and for whatever reason, there's a nice constant wave near a bridge. People stand around waiting for their turn to show their skills on this German wave, and I have to say, watching these guys surf in the middle of a city where there are no beaches around for thousands of kilometers was pretty sweet. My four days in Munich were some of the best on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment