Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Panic Posting Part 1: Karneval

 Because I have not succeeded in sitting down and writing a blog since early February, for the next few days I will be writing a lot. The week after the Vienna trip, Karneval happened. Yes, it was everything they said it would be. On the first day, I wound up having a beer in front of a church at 10am on a Thursday while members of a huge parade had a great time throwing candy at my head. It was fun and interesting, and everyone seemed to be having a really good time. It was interesting to witness this crazy huge party over a holiday that I didn't know existed. It was loud, fun, cold, and I got tired very quickly. I seem to have very low stamina when it comes to large, crowded events. The rest of the day was spent inside in the silent warmth of Netflix. Do I regret not spending more time among the festivities? Yes, because I think it would have provided some interesting stories aside form the ones from that morning, and I would've probably met a lot of new people. But also, no, because I fundamentally dislike standing around in a loud, crowded environment while a cold beer slowly depletes my hand of what little warmth wasn't lost to the weather. Does this make me lame? Probably, but I think I got enough of a taste as I needed in order to be satisfied. The theme of my being lame and the ramifications of that will continue to be prevalent in the rest of the posts I write. It's not that I dislike adventure or people or Germany, it's just that there are very few things that I will willingly be in an uncomfortable (to me) situation for an extended period of time. Anyway, to sum up: Karneval is great, but not really my cup of tea (or beer).

No comments:

Post a Comment