Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Paris!!!

So with Easter came a four day weekend and finally the one city I said at the beginning I HAD to see before returning home...Paris.

It was truly an amazing thing to be in the city for which my hometown is named and to see and go up into the real Eiffel Tower. The weather wasn't the greatest our first two days there, but it could have been far worse. We made the best of the rainiest day by spending the entire day in the Louvre. I really could have spent days or weeks wandering through the Louvre as there is just so much to see!! We did a usual historical walking tour of the city that we do in most, enjoyed some wonderful food, a morning in Versailles, and Easter Mass at Notre Dame to name a few. I think the highlight for my trip was probably a boat tour the last night we were there...to see Paris from the water lit up along with the beauty of a full moon was absolutely breathtaking. The weekend wasn't long enough. I don't know when I'll be back in Europe, but one thing is for sure, I will be and I will be spending much more time in Paris!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment