Monday, April 13, 2015

Panic Posting Part Three: Anesthesia and Soccer

 The week after Amsterdam, we had a visit to the museum of the history of anesthesia. Let me preface this by saying that I have had a sinus infection or allergies or something the ENTIRE time I've been here. It's fairly horrible. Today I have blown my nose through two whole rolls of toilet paper. And it's been like this the whole time. I have probably single-handedly  used half of the worlds paper supply to soak up my mucus. And yes Mom, I have been to the doctor. Anyway,my nose was particularly bad on the day of the museum tour. It was led by a very old man named Dr. Stoeckel. Although I was suffering the entire time, it was still interesting and it was cool to get to hear the history from someone who had been studying it/living it for such a long time. That weekend, we went to a soccer game. The stadium was nice, it was a pretty day, and I had a beer and a sausage to keep me happy. I really enjoyed that. I wish soccer was more of a thing in the US. Maybe it was just that we were sitting in a very chill area (the corner) and that we had shade to sit under, but it was probably the most relaxing sporting event I've been to. It might have just been the fact that we were ALLOWED to sit, instead of being forced to stand by the almighty power of peer pressure. Ahem. It did make me miss my trombone, as lame as that sounds. Every football game in high school and every basketball/volleyball game in college I've been in the band section and I've had something to do instead of cheering, and A&M football has (mandatory) yells (rituals) that I can occupy myself with. I just don't think I know how to cheer. Do I yell woo and wave my arms? It's so much easier to play a fight song or do a yell (ritualistic chant). Despite my inability to competently participate in the regular audience, I still had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment