Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Spring Break Part 2: Barcelona

 After a lovely few days in Coppet, me and Amy flew to Barcelona and met up with some of the other people. I went to Barcelona on a vacation when I was 16 and all the things we planned to do, I had already done. That was okay though, because it's such a pretty city and when I was 16 I was almost 100% unaware to all thoughts other than "Is that edible? Can I eat that? When is the next time I will play a video game?". I remember when I had gone before I had zero understanding of how to get anywhere and just followed my family around. However, this time, everything made so much sense and I had no trouble knowing sort of where I was at all times. We saw the Picasso museum, which was actually MORE interesting to me this time around. It was cool to compare my thoughts between now and when I had seen it a few years ago. I experienced the same thing at the Sagrada Familia. Obviously, it's a very impressive place and it's sort of the main thing to see in Barcelona. I was expecting to walk in and be like "Oh yeah this old thing, I've already seen it". That was not the case at all. I was still just as impressed, maybe even more impressed, as I was back then. I don't know why. I think it's because I have a better understanding of the world now (but not enlightened in any sense of the word) and I think that allowed me to see it in a different light. Literally, because the sun was angled in such a way that the light was coming in completely colored and that wasn't the case last time. It was very cool. Another day, we went to the Gaudi park, which I hadn't seen before. I enjoyed that a lot. It had some really cool architecture and some really great views of the city. It was a funny day because it rained all morning, stopped when we left the apartment, started again while we ate, stopped when we were in the park, then started as we were trying to get home. Overall, it was a nice trip. The weather was at least a little bit warmer than it had been everywhere else, I understood what was going on, and I enjoyed just about everything that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment