Monday, January 31, 2022

Week 3, Stuttgart and The Black Forrest

 It is weird to think that it has already been three weeks! They have flown by very fast. This week was relatively mundane in terms of school. On Monday, we had our second intercultural workshop and we went over places to go after Berlin or places to visit in Berlin. On Tuesday, we had an extended math tutorial meaning we did math for three hours and fifteen minutes. It was very exhausting. On Wednesday, we had another German class where we went over how to order. We also had our first meeting with our pilot teams for the Endmodes projects. On Thursday, on German class teacher took us to a coffee cart to order. I got some sparkling orange juice. On Friday, we had one BMEN class before we left for Stuttgart.

The train ride to Stuttgart was about 2.5 hours. I got one homework problem done but we spent most of it chatting. I went with Jarrett, Isabelle, and Nate. When we arrived, we immediately headed to the Airbnb to set out stuff down. After, we headed into town to find a palace. Upon arrival, we found that the tickets were expensive so we only walked around the free parts. Oddly enough, they did not speak English but, upon accident, we found that the front person spoke Spanish and Nate was able to communicate with them fluently. After this, we headed to a brauhaus for dinner. After dinner, we went to an art museum. The museum was nice but my stomach was feeling bad so I was not enjoying it as much as I could have. We then headed back to the Airbnb.

On Saturday, we started our day off by taking a short train ride out to be able to hike in the Black Forrest. We ended up hiking for 12 miles. It was quite tiring. I had bought oranges and apples for snacks which was quite handy. After, we found a bakery and grabbed some quick lunch before heading back to Stuttgart for the rest of the day. We then headed to the Porsche Museum. I enjoyed this museum much more than I thought I would. I got to see two vintage fire trucks and a lot of vintage Porsches. After this, we started our adventure to find dinner. We ended up going into about five different restaurants before one let us in because reservations were required due to COVID. I ate a lot of food- probably more than I should have. We had Japanese food. We then found an Italian ice shop and I had mango ice cream. After, we went to the local library. It was very pretty. We then headed home for the day. In total, our watch fitness tracked that we walked about 19 miles.

On Sunday, we took a morning train back home to Bonn and got back about lunch time. I grabbed some lunch and headed back home with the intentions of getting some work done. I got home, showered, called my parents and sister and then fell asleep. I really barely got any work done but the rest was much needed after the weekend I had been through. I am excited for this coming week to go to Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment