Sunday, January 30, 2022

School, Stuttgart, and More School

 It is so crazy to think that I have already been here for three weeks! I’ve definitely gotten more adjusted over the past two weeks. However, I don’t think I’ll ever get used to not having Tex-Mex at my disposal. This week was the first full school week that we’ve had, and I really enjoyed the consistency of It. I’m enjoying my classes and I have a good idea of how I’ll have to go about them. I’m getting more used to my surroundings and going back and forth between school and my new house. 

This weekend we traveled to Stuttgart, which is a small town right outside of the Black Forest. It’s not a common city to travel to, but me and my friends really enjoyed It! We traveled out to the Black Forest and hiked around for a bit, and that was very beautiful. Stuttgart is known for being the city where Mercedes-Benz and Porsche were started, and we got to view the Porsche museum! The museum was so interesting and very impressive, plus they had an option to rent a Porsche, so I might have to make a return trip… We also went to a modern art museum, their well-known library, and walked around the city center quite a bit. Observing these normal German towns has been very fascinating as they give a good and authentic impression of normalcy and what life is like as a German!


We’re going to Berlin this week which I’m very excited for. Up to this point I have only been in smaller German cities, so I’ll be curious to see what a city as big and prosperous as Berlin feels like. From Berlin I will most likely travel to Hamburg. I don’t have any set plans at this point, but I want to take advantage of being in Eastern Germany and travel to a city nearby. Plus apparently Hamburg is known for their seafood, and that has my name written all over It.

No comments:

Post a Comment