Thursday, January 27, 2022

My First Experience in Germany!

 I am very happy and excited because this is my first-time visiting Europe, especially Germany. I remember that many people told me that German people were very cold in their way of being, and before traveling, I wondered what the relationship with my adoptive family would be like if this was true. After my first few weeks in Bonn, I can say that I have the best family. From the moment I met them they welcomed me with a lot of love and made me feel at home. My first cultural impact was being able to work with the children who live in my house. I really like to share and play with children, but I found it very difficult to do it here because the children don't speak English and I don't speak German! But the most beautiful thing about this experience with the children was that, although we could not communicate, we were able to express our love with hugs. Another big impact has been the strict COVID controls in the city, it is impressive how quickly they can change and how quickly German people adapt to them. On the other hand, there are many things about Germany that I already know I will miss when I return to the United States, and the main thing without a doubt is the quality of the water. I love being able to drink tap water and knowing that it won't do me any harm. The quality of the fruits and vegetables is wonderful, you can feel the freshness in any food you eat and it's great. Finally, my classmates have been one of the best parts of this adventure. Each one of them teaches me something different every day, we all complement each other as a group, and we know how to enjoy each experience together. This semester is going to mark our college experience in such an amazing way that we cannot imagine it!

No comments:

Post a Comment