Sunday, January 16, 2022

First Week in Bonn

 It has already been one week here and it went by super fast. I have had a few culture shocks, the biggest to me is not having free water everywhere you go. I normally go through glasses of water with every meal and I find myself having to limit myself at restaurants. That will probably be one of the things I will be happiest to have back when I get back to the states. I am settling in well besides that. It has been fun to meet everyone on the trip as I came in knowing no one else.

This week was very fun. We started off Monday with the orientation tour. On Tuesday, we went on the House of History tour. On Wednesday, we went on the hiking trip with Lakka. On Thursday, we had our first real day of classes. On Friday, we had a day trip to Aachen to have our first meeting with Endmodes about the project. After, we ate at a cool fry place and toured a cathedral. Overall, I have been eating very good food, except when I have to try and cook for myself. I need to find time to figure out more recipes. I am very excited for the rest of my stay here!

No comments:

Post a Comment