Monday, July 8, 2013

Post Program Blog

After arriving back in the States and getting re-acclimated to the College Station life, I can finally evaluate the semester abroad experience as a whole.  Upon first arriving in Germany, I wasn't sure what to expect.  My host parents quickly helped me to become comfortable with the area by showing me around the town and introducing me to some of the cultural subtleties.  As I grew more confident in my navigational abilities, I began to explore the town and its surrounding areas.  The city of Bonn has a lot to offer in terms of food and socialization if you know where to go and the neighboring city of Koln, Germany's college town, is just a short train ride away and also proved to be a great place to socialize and meet new people.  The program excursions were a great opportunity to experience some of the culture Europe has to offer and, more importantly to me, provided supple opportunities for academic growth.  As a pre-med biomedical engineer, I found the trips to the medizinche hotschule (hospital), the biomedical research facility, and Ottobock to be extremely relevant and interesting.  All in all, I found the semester abroad experience to be completely worthwhile and I believe it helped me to grow as a person both socially and academically.

No comments:

Post a Comment