Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I've already been home for two months?

When did this happen? I feel like yesterday I was leaving class to grab fruit at the market and go hang out at the Hoffgarten. This semester went by faster than anything before, so if you are reading this and thinking about going, my advice to you: Don't blink. Not only was every week and weekend jam-packed with travel and expeditions, but you gain an entire new family of students in your major. I knew a couple people on the trip very periferally before going, and now I honestly feel like these people are as close to me as family. It would be an injustice to not recommend this program to any underclassmen I know. Not only do you gain an international perspective on life and medicine (most students were pre-med/vet) but also a semester with nothing but GREAT professors (when will that ever happen in an undergraduate career again?). On top of that, traveling every weekend with friends all over Europe and experiencing as much as you can. Any one aspect of this program makes it worth the time spent away from College Station and the cost, but together, the experiences and education you receive is priceless. I can't stop telling "Back when I was in Europe" stories and getting crazy when my friends say things like, "Oh I want to study abroad, but its so expensive," or my personal favorite, "I just don't want to spend that long away from home."Absurd. You're 20-21. This is the chance of a lifetime that you will be talking about for a lifetime. Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment