Sunday, July 14, 2013

Reflection Time


So since I’ve gotten back to the states I’ve had to do some adjusting. I miss public transportation, the weather (I got to wear a lot of cute cold weather clothes), the different culture,  seeing history around every corner, my host family, the beer…., and the food, ahhhh the food. But I can finally eavesdrop on people again!! I miss Germany a lot but it does feel good to be back with my friends and family.
My four months abroad were some of the best times I’ve had. I met a ton of wonderful people and got to go places and experience things a majority of the world doesn’t get the opportunity to explore. I’m so grateful. But I did come back with a lot more than stories. I gained a lot of confidence when I was in Germany. Between planning trips and meeting new people all the time I started to trust myself a lot more. I’ve always been shy but I think I was really able to grow out of that during my time abroad. Being thrown into new situations all the time really helps you find out who you are. I think I also have a better grasp on who I want to be and how I want to portray myself to other people. I don't have any regrets although there are always situations where I think I could have handled something more gracefully. But I guess that’s just part of the learning process.
I hope to go back someday. I definitely have the travel bug!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment