Saturday, July 13, 2013

Home, where the music's playing...

Hello all,
Germany was so awesome, I had to bring the best part of it back with me.
I was back in Texas for a month before classes started, with nothing to do, and wondering why exactly it was that I actually came back.
On June 1st, Tania, the German girl I had succeeded to convince to be my girlfriend while I was living in Bonn, came to visit for the Summer. Summer has been a lot better since. The experiences and points of view that changed inconceivably over the time we were there became suddenly noticeable. The American culture that had before showed no fallibility, started showing nonsensical aspects. Still, there were definitely some parts about America that I had missed. Tania made me notice these more. Whenever we go eat at a restaurant, she is amazed at how nice the waiters are.
What has been a rough transaction is the size of Texas compared even to the size of all Germany. In College Station, where I would feel at home and all-right having nowhere to go, now I feel the need to travel somewhere. With the pretext of showing Tania a good time, we've been traveling a bit. But this led me to a question to which I did not like the answer... What is there to see in Texas?
Nothing much is the answer. Especially in the Texas Summer heat. The question that had come up in Germany, "why don't I go out for walks like this in Texas" gave itself a harsh answer, "Because of the heat, you Idiot!"
The options of going anywhere in College Station were exhausted within a few days. Then we went to Austin, Houston, and Galveston. Then we went camping at Inks Lake which was actually really fun. Now we are going to San Antonio, which I believe is the best-looking city in Texas.

I would recomend the Germany trip to anyone and everyone,
Good luck,
Francisco Nunez


No comments:

Post a Comment